Tuesday, November 6, 2012

After the storm & new member temple trip

Hey family Macfarlane! how are yall?? 

I'm glad you guys were safe from the storm. I was prayin pretty hard for all yall! haha I got a bunch of pity from members who forgot which state I'm from but remembered it was the east coast so yeah.. I think I was asked like 5 times if my house was destroyed. Thankfully not the case! 


Sooo it was a pretty up and down week. On Tuesday we took my little old German investigator Anna through the Temple! on the way out she said it felt like a warm blanket and the reverence inside made her feel like she was really in Gods house. After she asked us questions and we talked about Jesus Christ and we were able to bear a short testimony with her and hear her testimony of the savior and yeah... what an amazing experience. I also had an interview with President Cannon and he told me to prepare myself for more work and responsibility... I don't know what that means but I'm not sure I like it haha.


We found a few investigators this week and that is always cool! I hope I get to see these people progress! Probably my favorite experience of the week happened on Thursday. We were riding around and attempting to contact some people that we've talked to on the side of the road and in their yards and stuff, anyways there is the one woman named Sarah who we talked to awhile back and wasn't to interested so we decided to give her one more shot. We started talking to her on her door step and we are just laughing and talking about her week and suddenly she just starts crying and tells us about some of the major trials she's facing right now. She needed someone to talk to and it felt good to be able to help her by just listening, anyways afterward we taught her a little bit about the plan of salvation and how it can bring greater meaning in or lives. We just told her about how the gospel has helped us and let her know that it could bring her comfort as well. We left a plan of salvation pamphlet and left. Its cool to be able to see someone light up from the message we share. We are going to visit her this week and hopefully she's feeling better and will be prepared to accept the gospel. 


That was the highlights rest of the week was sorta the same ole haha. We got to play football today which was awesome! Hope yall are doing well and stay healthy! 


Love you all!! Kera holy happy late birthday!!!!! I meant to send a letter but i forgot. ugh glad you all got to spend that together! 


Love Elder Macfarlane!

No comments:

Post a Comment