Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


Hey Family!
How are yall?? I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving! It sounds like it was really good from what I hear! I'm so happy you all got to have it together and relax! hopefully that's true haha. My Thanksgiving was really good! haha we did eat 3 Thanksgiving dinners though... That was painful. But we spent most of the day with a really awesome family named the Hemmings! Bro &Sis Hemming are from England and was thus hilarious haha and their little kids were crazy and a ton of fun!
our President encouraged us to spend the Holiday with families and share uplifting messages and yeah.. have some fun! So we played some games before dinner and talked with awhile after dinner! I got to play cars and guns and all that stuff with Zach and Emily for awhile so I was happy! After them we ate 2nd Dinner with a new member who was just baptized which was awesome because the he and his family were all talking about how thankful they were for the Gospel and how much its helped them! haha our 3rd dinner was painful... but yet I loved it! we had it with our little old German investigator Anna which was awesome!
we talked for awhile about the old country and she taught us some German! She is really progressing and she will be working toward Baptism soon. She calls us her sons/grandsons! she's so sweet. Anyways the rest of the week was good yet long. We had a huge zone conference on Tuesday and yeah that took all day... We got to teach a new family on Friday! The Labattos, Delialah's Husband who past away was a member and he took her to Salt Lake and a bunch of stuff like that but it sounds like he was never really active or forced it on her. When he died he left her his Book of Mormon and said that it would help after he was gone. She just started reading it a year ago. She remarried and moved to Idaho in time for the Temple Open house and she said it was one of the most powerful experiences of her life. She's been reading and praying and before we even taught her she said she knew it had to be true. Her new husband is interested but not as sure. I'm super excited to work with them and hopefully we'll have some baptisms in our future. Its the start of My 3rd Transfer today and Elder Nicholls got shipped of to Boise. My new companion's name is Elder Palmer and seems like a really cool guy. He's been out for 19 months so I'm glad I get to learn from some experience. I'm the area leader now and I hope that I'll be able to keep the area moving along and improve it in some way. I love you all and miss ya a ton! Happy Birthday Micaela and Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll get a letter in the mail for you guys but it might not be there right on time..I love you and hope your Birthdays are amazing!!!

Love Elder Macfarlane yo bro/son/friend

No comments:

Post a Comment